Sign in to follow this  
hobageeba

Union Special 61800 C - Info?

The Singer 78 will make you a much better machine than this one.Oh the 78 will usea max of #138 thread were this machine will max out @ 69 thread.This Union Special is more for sewing thin clothing type of material than leather.

Bob

Awesome, very pertinent info. Thank you! A Consew 226R-1 just came up too. Do you have any suggestions between that or the Singer 78 (for about half the price)?

The Singer 78 will make you a much better machine than this one.Oh the 78 will usea max of #138 thread were this machine will max out @ 69 thread.This Union Special is more for sewing thin clothing type of material than leather.

Bob

Well the 226 has reverse & can sew as much as the 78.

I just looked at the ad, $500.00 is a good price. Buy it and you will never regret it.

Thanks guys. I've spoken to both people, and now I'm between the Consew with little to no wiggle room on the price at $500, and the Singer 78-1 for $275 with wiggle room. Both are about an hour and a half from me in opposite directions so there's no going-just-to-check-it-out, or even being able to check out both machines on the same trip. Hard call because I could get the Singer for at least half the price of the Consew, but I'm leaning toward the Consew just because I want something that I'm not going to feel the need to upgrade further down the line. Any thoughts/advice would be super appreciated! Thanks.

I think I'm hi-jacking my own thread....

I just looked at the ad, $500.00 is a good price. Buy it and you will never regret it.

Edited by hobageeba

That's not a bad price f/$500.00,you gotta remember,the machine will make or break you so you want to get the best!!I would get the 226.

Bob

Point taken, thanks!

That's not a bad price f/$500.00,you gotta remember,the machine will make or break you so you want to get the best!!I would get the 226.

Bob