Billsotx

Password Corral

I found this free utility Password Corral. I'm not sure I understand it. It doesn't seem to have a tutorial. Just fumbling around it looks pretty simple, sort of resembles Excel on a little bitty scale. It's my understanding that it's a password vault and that it encrypts whatever is stored inside. Does anyone know if this thing is actually a safe system for storing data. The sales pitch (I selected the freebie) was you only have to remember one password - the one to Password Corral. I appreciate any info y'all might share. Thanks in advance for replies. ~Bill

I'm really leery of things like that. Before using it, I'd try to see if it had any executable files that would allow it to autonomously access the internet. It might be a very pretty trojan horse that sends all your passwords to a hacker.

Roboform has a good reputation and a proven history. Are you on Vista or still using XP, Bill?

Johanna

Jo,

I'm still with XP. I don't think this machine will take Vista, it's pretty old.

I found the Corral thing on a Windows newsletter. It also reviewed Roboform but that sounded pretty involved for my level. I think Jo told me about this Windows newsletter which I subscribed to about a year or so back. I'm actually learning a little, but mostly I'm a blind hog hoping for an acorn.

I'll go back and look at the Roboform and maybe uninstall Corral and try that instead.

Here's the link to this specific newsletter. You can get to others from there if you're interested.

http://windowssecrets.com/paid/080925/ -or-

http://www.windowssecrets.com/2008/09/18/0...ogin-data-handy

You may not be able to access the above without subscribing to their newsletters. I donated a dollar to them, big spender me ... lol! I've learned a bucks worth from them and then some and it keeps me from bugging Johanna :eusa_naughty: all the time.

Here's their Home Page: http://windowssecrets.com/

Oaks, I thought about the hacker thing also. It might be a scam.

I'm going to be on light duty :blahblahblah: for about a week so I'll spend some time on FP and see if I can get something better published on my site.

I appreciate both of your input and I'll go back and look at that Robo thing sometime tomorrow.

~Bill

Edited by Billsotx