Sign in to follow this  
erj1009

Sewing Machine Question! Help!

I am buying my first leather sewing machine, I am on a budget so I have to get what I can afford.

I am sewing 2 layers of about 7oz leather for tack.

My choice at this time are the:

Juki 563 or the Singer 132k6 the Singer is a little more and the Juki is local pick-up, I am torn on what to do, since I really have no experience with these machines.

Any advise would help.

I am buying my first leather sewing machine, I am on a budget so I have to get what I can afford.

I am sewing 2 layers of about 7oz leather for tack.

My choice at this time are the:

Juki 563 or the Singer 132k6 the Singer is a little more and the Juki is local pick-up, I am torn on what to do, since I really have no experience with these machines.

Any advise would help.

can't give you much advice on these models specifically, but I'm inclined to go for the Juki. The people I know who have either brand of industrial machines find they break down pretty rarely, but I have heard that singer parts are sometimes a bit harder to come by.

this may just be the models that my associates have, but that's the low down from me.

If i were you i would take some leather with me and try both machines out before i bought either one. If you dont .......you might be sorry..

Also take the size thread that you will be using.......

Edited by Luke Hatley

The Singer 132 will sew alittle heavier & use thicker thread than the Juki but if your sewing chaps, purses,wallets & thin leather the Juki does have reverse