Well, after getting her motorcycle seat installed and being overjoyed, my wife showed me her worn cigarette case (Store bought soft leather...ICK!) and said it would be NICE to have a nice new one.

Being the dutiful husband, and not enjoying fighting the dog for the warmest spot in the doghouse, I set to work.

I based this on a couple I had seen, decided that my floral carving needed some work and set to it.

After the initial design, I talked to the little woman and got some of her input (Needs a loop for fingers while carrying, needs to be able to attach to belt loop while riding, Lighter holder, etc.)

so off to the drawing board once again. Well this is what I came up with. Used 5/6 oz so it will stand up, finshed with Eco-Flo medium brown antique gel and coated with leather sheen.

She noticed the bad spot on the flap right off, but in true crafter spirit, she declared it "character" and exclaimed her delight in the finished product.

I love it when the customer is happy! What do you think?

cig_case___flap.jpg

cig_case__front.jpg

cig_case___back.jpg

post-5734-1205095559_thumb.jpg

post-5734-1205095573_thumb.jpg

post-5734-1205095585_thumb.jpg

Edited by Froghunter

She noticed the bad spot on the flap right off, but in true crafter spirit, she declared it "character" and exclaimed her delight in the finished product.

What bad spot? Looks perfect to me

Pretty average lookin' lighter there, man... Where's that uber-spiffy one? ;)

Looks good, bad "spot" and all... don't ya love how the significant others can do that? Mine does it to me all the time, with a simple "what happened *here*?" lol

Pretty average lookin' lighter there, man... Where's that uber-spiffy one? ;)

Looks good, bad "spot" and all... don't ya love how the significant others can do that? Mine does it to me all the time, with a simple "what happened *here*?" lol

I think she was afraid she'd "spear" her hand with the uber spiffy one! The loop is a bit tight and the button in the wrong place!!!!

Oh well, she still likes it!

My wife is my critique also but I learned the first time I asked her----expect to get your feelings hurt! It's been good though and my work has improved a lot. I don't ask her anymore she just comes over and looks at whatever I am working on and tells me what is wrong---LOL. Oh well she has dye on her carpet now and takes it fairly well.