chancey77

Sixgun Republic Crew Wallet ...please Help! Card Holders

I am making these for our crew and musicians in my band Sixgun Republic, but I really need a better design and help with the guts for these.

I like doing everything myself and I have really been struggling making wallet guts. I have some sweet shapes and designs for the wallets but making the card holders is really not my thing...what is whacked is i do have an understanding of how it should be done but the execution is always not up to how i thought...ARGHHHHHHH

I know Kevin posted a video on how to do it, but I can't find it....

In fact I cant find any good places on how to make the wallet insides anywhere.

I have made lots and lots of wallets and the ones with thicker veg tan guts always come out great, but when i use garment leather and have to sew them is where i always have trouble.

here is the last one I did, it is OK but not the style I really wanted......

Also I have added one for a tall biker wallet that I made with Veg Tan and added a small coin pouch, that one I liked...but I am not liking the card holders for the smaller ones...PLEASE HELP!! PHOTOS , TUTORIAL:::WHATEVER...I really want to make the guys some super sweet wallets, they work hard and deserve the best wallet I can make. Right now they just are not up to snuff.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

post-28433-0-65179800-1371889190_thumb.j

post-28433-0-35179500-1371889193_thumb.j

post-28433-0-73340900-1371889300_thumb.j

post-28433-0-41009400-1371889636_thumb.j

Edited by chancey77

Here is the Muertos Big Biker Wallet...but everyone wants something different...ARGHHH.

I liked the guts in this but I personally would not want a coin pouch.

post-28433-0-60848600-1371889810_thumb.j

post-28433-0-88277500-1371889813_thumb.j

NO HELP???? ok:(

Sorry I can't help as I am just learning about wallets myself but this is the link to Kevin's youtube channel. I think the video you are looking for is on there.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfj9j712Vmlb_mXIlRHYUZw

I see what you mean about the card slots. Everything else looks good but the interiors aren't quite up to your usual standards (take that as a compliment on your other work). I'm really digging the big one in the second post, especially the dye job. Reminds me of an old school tat job. :thumbsup: I'm not really sure how to help as I haven't completed a wallet yet...started a few though. Here is a link to Kevins tutorial to go along with the youtube link above.

I see what you mean about the card slots. Everything else looks good but the interiors aren't quite up to your usual standards (take that as a compliment on your other work). I'm really digging the big one in the second post, especially the dye job. Reminds me of an old school tat job. :thumbsup: I'm not really sure how to help as I haven't completed a wallet yet...started a few though. Here is a link to Kevins tutorial to go along with the youtube link above.

THANKS...YA I AM THINKING THE SAME...I DON'T MAKE A LOT OF WALLETS AND NORMALLY I DO USE HEAVIER MATERIALS..BUT I AM TRYING TO USE LIGHTER WIGHTS AND THE OUTCOMES ARE LESS THAN SATISFACTORY...

caps on hahaha'

anyway..

I see some awesome wallet interiors here and after looking and looking I may have found what I am looking for...fingers crossed!

MOre pics to come...after I get this round of club belts out of the way.

Cool man, look forward to seeing the results. You and I are right on the same train of thought on tooling styles. If by some weird chance, you ever make it to the states and happen to find yourself in northwestern PA, look me up.

Cool man, look forward to seeing the results. You and I are right on the same train of thought on tooling styles. If by some weird chance, you ever make it to the states and happen to find yourself in northwestern PA, look me up.

I will be in PA soon! I am moving back stateside in Sept and will be touring in January Feb after we record the newest record. SEE YA THERE!