Sign in to follow this  
whinewine

What length for a finished 1" braided belt?

Hello: another one of my stupid questions...

I picked up a long roll of 5-strand braided belting that will fit 1" buckles. Both ends of the whole roll are secured with tape to prevent unraveling, so in order to make a belt, both ends of an individual length of belt must be sewn (so each end doesn't unravel) before it can be turned into a finished 1" braided belt with buckle on one end & tip on the other.

Because I don't wish to waste excess length, (or, conversly, make too short), my question is this:

does anyone know the most common lengths for 1" women's belts? :dunno: (In other words, what are the most common length sizes that are sold for women's 1" belts? What lengths should I make them?) Btw, I DO NOT want to make them up on site; I want to display the finished belts there.

Any & all help is appreciated. Thanks.

russ

Russ, I have recently spent a bit of time thinking on exactly this subject and have come up with the following scale of belt blank to finished belt lengths. maybe this will help you. I find these 5 sizes fit the majority of people these days - and I'm inclined to agree that the proximity of fast food joints could have a marked affect on the local customer's circumference. My thinking also suggests that a few extra holes in a 32" belt will make it fit most smaller sizes. I always try to carry a few XXXL belts too.

The blank has to take into account the fold-over for the buckle and a little extra length for doing the belt up. I reckon 10" is about right:

26-32" waist - 42" blank

34" waist - 44" blank

36" waist - 46" blank

38" waist - 48" blank

40" waist - 50" blank

I ought to add that this is just a guide - some people suggest more and others suggest less but I am pretty happy with these figures.

I'd be very interested to hear other people's thoughts on this

Russ, I have recently spent a bit of time thinking on exactly this subject and have come up with the following scale of belt blank to finished belt lengths. maybe this will help you. I find these 5 sizes fit the majority of people these days - and I'm inclined to agree that the proximity of fast food joints could have a marked affect on the local customer's circumference. My thinking also suggests that a few extra holes in a 32" belt will make it fit most smaller sizes. I always try to carry a few XXXL belts too.

The blank has to take into account the fold-over for the buckle and a little extra length for doing the belt up. I reckon 10" is about right:

26-32" waist - 42" blank

34" waist - 44" blank

36" waist - 46" blank

38" waist - 48" blank

40" waist - 50" blank

I ought to add that this is just a guide - some people suggest more and others suggest less but I am pretty happy with these figures.

I'd be very interested to hear other people's thoughts on this

Thank you, Ray. This is useful!

russ