KAYAK45

Wtb Boot Making Books/video

Any boot maker information. Also willing to rent/return for $$$?

I have a extra new copy of : How to make Western boots by Dennis Cottle and Dave McKinney....willing to let this one go for $40.- plus shipping

Please let me know...

James

What's your budget?

If you've got the funds for it D.W. Frommer's books and DVDs are about the best information you can buy on making western boots. They ain't cheap though, but I've never heard anyone say they weren't worth every cent.

http://bootmaker.com/mybooks.htm

Every cent.

What's more, the follow up by phone is always available.

Edited by Leatherimages

Thanks guys. Just finished D.W.'s DVD for the second time. 27 hours!. Worth every CENT!

Wish he had RANDEE do the tops segment just to break it up. HAHAHA.

Really, what if you could see REES or GOLDING or the other dead guys, talking you through a pair of wellingtons! WOW.

It is a shame these guys don't know squat about video production. They get a friend who maybe does wedding videos or worse yet try and do it themselves. No runthrough to give the cameraman any idea of what is going to happen just shoot once and let the camera cover it the best it can. If they would demand the same quality of video that they demand of their boots, it would be nice. Well, rant off. I still liked the video. It makes the book a hell of a lot clearer.

BTW, did you ever get your compact finisher? There was a good looking Sutton T2 up on eBay for $3800. Somebody in Louisiana had 2 Landis 400s for $500 for both.

Art

Thanks guys. Just finished D.W.'s DVD for the second time. 27 hours!. Worth every CENT!

Wish he had RANDEE do the tops segment just to break it up. HAHAHA.

Really, what if you could see REES or GOLDING or the other dead guys, talking you through a pair of wellingtons! WOW.

Thanks for the question, ART I missed the T2 by a couple hundred, but scored the old 450 for a couple hundred. It'l do for that price, for now!

Nothing wrong with a 450, except it's 11 feet long, but they run forever and are easy to fix. The T2s always bring a good price, but they are a sweet machine and worth it, and only 3 feet wide. Good luck with the Landis.

Art

Thanks for the question, ART I missed the T2 by a couple hundred, but scored the old 450 for a couple hundred. It'l do for that price, for now!

It is a shame these guys don't know squat about video production. They get a friend who maybe does wedding videos or worse yet try and do it themselves. No runthrough to give the cameraman any idea of what is going to happen just shoot once and let the camera cover it the best it can. If they would demand the same quality of video that they demand of their boots, it would be nice. Well, rant off. I still liked the video. It makes the book a hell of a lot clearer.

Squat? Do you have any idea how many years DW works on his tutorials before he puts them out?

Tne clarity of the text, backed up by the phone support, far outweigh the video production.

Old time value that proceeds and superceeds, the MTV Generation.

A little more respect is due a Master Craftsman and Teacher.

Rant Reply Off.

Paul H. Krause

BootMaker

What's your budget?

If you've got the funds for it D.W. Frommer's books and DVDs are about the best information you can buy on making western boots. They ain't cheap though, but I've never heard anyone say they weren't worth every cent.

http://bootmaker.com/mybooks.htm

How much is the set, by chance? I've looked through the whole site and couldn't see a price listed.

Cheers,

Adam

$1495.00

Art

How much is the set, by chance? I've looked through the whole site and couldn't see a price listed.

Cheers,

Adam

Paul,

The book is indeed very good. I paid $1500 for the book and video. I have every right to critique it. There is no use explaining a technique when the video is firmly framed in a wide shot of the presenter instead of a closeup of the technique. This happened constantly in the videos. The constant references to suppliers that are out of business is a little hard to fathom. This is NOT MTV, you don't pay $1500 for MTV. No disrespect to DW, I wish he had looked for a little professional advice before he made the video. MTV is about who is in the video, instructional videos are about technique and information. For my $1500, I expected a professional instructional video.

Art

Everyone has the right to their opinion. Especially on the 4th of July 2011!blahblahblah.gifblahblahblah.gif

Personally I try to remember this was originally a VIDEO TAPE from around 1990.

The book was originally published FREE in Shoe Services Magazine,1988

I'm quite sure the techniques and technologies have changes in say~~ 20 years, as well as the expertise of the subject matter and presenter.

I, for one, just finished viewing for the third time and completed the book for the second time. I am not at all dissapointed with the content, presentation or information, or cost..

I have received my monies worth and more.

Keep in mind this is over 25 hour of instruction. To receive golf instruction has cost me thousands over the years. I have flown to Nevada and paid for shooting school at a total cost of more. Flying lessons cost tens of thousands more.

Were all these endeavers of a greater value to me than making a proper foot cover.

I think Not!

deadsubject.gif