Cyberthrasher

Very Special Guitar Strap Destined For The Fender Center

So, I work with an online blues instructor by the name of Griff Hamlin and we've become pretty close over the past few years. Every year he has a huge event at the Fender Center in Corona (where the custom shop is) and donates all the proceeds to Kids Rock Free. Well, his wife, who is also a huge supporter, asked me to make a bass strap for their son for his birthday later this month and she wants to present it to him on stage at the benefit concert. I was actually supposed to present it to him in person, but bills happened and I couldn't afford the flight and hotel (super bummer).

Anyway, this is a pretty cool and long strap. I also had to add a bunch of adjustment since the kids only 14 years old and we want it to last really long time. It fits me at 6' 5", so it should last him a while. We were going to do red flames, but then he finally put his blue strings on his bass and happened to be looking at a strap that had blue flames, so we switched it up. The "R" in his name is also a bass cleff that's a close approximation to how he signs his name all the time.

post-22094-0-66474900-1361855207_thumb.j

post-22094-0-79527000-1361855201_thumb.j

post-22094-0-22047600-1361855205_thumb.j

post-22094-0-00549800-1361855195_thumb.j

post-22094-0-26579600-1361855197_thumb.j

post-22094-0-46167900-1361855199_thumb.j

post-22094-0-86105500-1361855209_thumb.j

Very nice.

You done good buddy! Nice clean tooling and finishing, I'm sure he'll love it!

Nery Nice! The Bass Cleff in the name idea is cool. I have a Fender B-Bender made from Fender's Corona Custom Shop. Keep up the good work! :)................Rory

Nice strap cyber, love the colours & the tooling - very neat

Thanks everyone!!! I'm still trying to hold the secret from my Facebook page for another week so he doesn't stumble upon it :)

The torture is killing me. It means so much to me to have professional musicians that I look up to send me emails full of "OMGOMGOMG!!", but it also means a lot to have people who know how to spot the mistakes say they like it :thumbsup:

Beautiful work as always! I am loving that blue on the black also!

It's funny you say it that way since I was listening to a lot of Kenny Wayne Shepheard while I was working on it

Funny!! I LOVE that song.

I know exactly what you mean by "people who know how to spot the mistakes" because I will show my family something and they are like omgomg so nice! They can't understand why I am mad. Then when "I" point out something, they are like, "oh who the hell will see that". PEOPLE ON LW.NET!

Funny!! I LOVE that song.

I know exactly what you mean by "people who know how to spot the mistakes" because I will show my family something and they are like omgomg so nice! They can't understand why I am mad. Then when "I" point out something, they are like, "oh who the hell will see that". PEOPLE ON LW.NET!

There's one that's KILLING me where one of the flames wraps around another. I missed the double bevel BAD!! It looks so unnatural and drives me nuts every time I see it!! But, I also know that I'm probably one of the only people who will ever notice it. Somehow I missed getting a closeup of it, but it's the pair of flames right above the "R". So much for nobody ever noticing :)