8-9 oz leather, resisted and antiqued. Black suede lining. Laced with alternating natural and black calfskin lace. My first time working with lace, but it seemed like the way to go on this one.

post-25665-0-24970600-1358125743_thumb.j

post-25665-0-54007000-1358125741_thumb.j

post-25665-0-66276800-1358125744_thumb.j

Edited by cjdevito

Very nice! I am actualy making this exact folder at the moment. I have already goofed up though :( I did my tooling and very carefully brushed on my stain on the outside of the tooling area. I wanted the tooled area to only be resisted/no stain. I wasn't as careful with the resist where I already stained it because in my mind that section was done. Well....after staining the entire outside I realized I needed to do more coats than I did with the brush.

Very nice job . Never seen the two tone lace done like that . Very appealing ! This I would enjoy seeing in a black and brown combination . Gave me some ideas the black interior is a nice touch. This is a example of a useful product that would be used every day with lots of directions for other similar uses . A promotional item for a company with their logo on the cover and company colours . Client gifts from a company with custom cover to show apperication for doing business . The potential is huge many directions with lots of people happy to recive this . You have nailed it with this project simple elegant and above all useful daily. Consider it as a device case with out the small inside flap . I am impressed this has market appeal and good lines and dimensions .This is a class act . You have set the bar here . Good luck with this I hope you do well with it . Warm Regards Bill

Thanks you two. Very kind words Bill. As far as the lacing, I just followed the instructions from the old 'How to Lace and Stitch' book. Glad I had that to fall back on... started off by watching a video tutorial of it by George Hurst where I swear he's leaving out steps as I could not even get the thing started by following his instructions even after a dozen tries. Once I started working from the book it came together right away though.

Renee, from your comments I'm guessing you're using gel antique and not the paste? I do as well, but as someone else here once wrote in another thread the gel antique can best be summed up as unpredictable. I've had a couple of projects veer off from where I intended because of it, so I feel your pain. For what it's worth, on this one I used Bee Natural's RTC finish/resist that Springfield Leather is now carrying and found it worked very well for resisting the gel. Much better than either tandy's super shene or block out products.