Sign in to follow this  
Opagon

Last couple of projects

Here is what I have been working on for the last couple of weeks along with trying to put my website together. A group in my area puts on a Stallion auction and tack swap that benefits an area resident that is in need of help. This years recipient is fighting off a brain tumor and like last year I am donating a headstall for the silent auction. Its a great little event with a very good vibe.

Mini shu flies that can be used as zipper pulls and add ons to key ringsmisc_084.jpg

med and large shu fliesShuFLies.jpg

and lots of bracelets. misc_085.jpgmisc_086.jpg

More projects on the way,

Heather

post-5205-1200065789_thumb.jpg

post-5205-1200065926_thumb.jpg

post-5205-1200065963_thumb.jpg

post-5205-1200066059_thumb.jpg

Opagon

Nice looking work! I was wondering were do ya get the bands for the bracelets. Mike

I have some horse hair and was going to do somthing just like that with it but haven't found the time as of yet. just curious what are you using as a base for your knot and what do you charge for them and does it take you long to braid the knot?

I know lots of questions but what do you expect from an open forum like this. thanks Johanna and your staff.

Hey, those look great! You should do well.

That's really cool you are donating to a worthy cause like that. When you have the headstall ready, maybe you could post a picture?

Extremely great cause for doing your work, and it's very nice work indeed.

Ken

I found the mini steel bands at a tack shop that was going out of business, I have been looking everywhere for more but as of yet haven't found any. The lady couldnt remember who she order them from and didnt feel like digging in papers to find out.

On the little zip pulls I use rubber bands as the base. They sometimes cause me headaches when I hook them with my fid. Once I have the knot tight they hold up great (Kid tested). The larger Shuflies I use an adhesive tape. The mini's I charge $8 -10.00 (mane or synthetic hair) and the Med to large (tail hair) run from $18 to $30 depending on the length of hair and the Knot I put on it. Time wise, hard to say as I try to assembly line as much as one person can. I do know that for a large Shufly 12" long it takes me about 30 minutes start to finish (if I do it during nap time and ignore the phone). Thats seperating the hair, placing the base on, braiding the knot and adding a finish to the knot. This doesnt include any additional prep like cutting and beveling strings or washing the hair if need be.

I have been trying to figure out what style headstall I plan to donate - It needs to appeal to a large number of people so that they will bid; the more bidding the more money for the cause. I will post a picture once I figure out what I am going to do.

Maybe 2 or 3 and have you guys pick for me.....

Heather

You already know we are going to pick the one with the most braiding on it... :innocent: