dragonspit

Noob In South Carolina

HI all,

I have been perusing and even commenting a little here and there on the forums. I had been wanting to try some leatherwork for a long long time. Ran into a friend at work that has been at it for a while and kinda pushed me along. so I bought a small kit and playing with cutting, stamping, and just the basics. these forums are simply filled with awesome help and unbelievable qualities of work on could only aspire to. I work a second shift, and a couple hours from home and travel there on weekends most times, so my time is pretty limited. but, the tools dont fade and its always something you can do parts of here and there so thats not really a problem.

I see all the hellos from Oregon. we just moved from there to SC last year, its a pretty place. lived there 20ish years. but needed to get back to family and some warm water lol.

I dont have specifics as far as direction. I love the way the tooling looks. I probably will move towards, motorcycle gear and wall art carvings. but first I have a few little sheaths and things to make, just gotta get some decent leather and snaps and .....stuff, I can see you always need more stuff. I think lacing and stitching will be the hard thing for me.

I do have a forum question. I have been part of a handful of art forums, and usually there is a "subscribe" button, so you can view topics you have either been watching or commented on. I cant seem to find that short of having an email sent everytime someone comments, which I would rather not do. I guess I could peruse the forums and just see which button show I have visited that topic. but I am betting I just missed the button that lets me find the posts, I have responded on. any idea?

Let me just thanks all you for your help already.

Bob

HI all,

I have been perusing and even commenting a little here and there on the forums. I had been wanting to try some leatherwork for a long long time. Ran into a friend at work that has been at it for a while and kinda pushed me along. so I bought a small kit and playing with cutting, stamping, and just the basics. these forums are simply filled with awesome help and unbelievable qualities of work on could only aspire to. I work a second shift, and a couple hours from home and travel there on weekends most times, so my time is pretty limited. but, the tools dont fade and its always something you can do parts of here and there so thats not really a problem.

I see all the hellos from Oregon. we just moved from there to SC last year, its a pretty place. lived there 20ish years. but needed to get back to family and some warm water lol.

I dont have specifics as far as direction. I love the way the tooling looks. I probably will move towards, motorcycle gear and wall art carvings. but first I have a few little sheaths and things to make, just gotta get some decent leather and snaps and .....stuff, I can see you always need more stuff. I think lacing and stitching will be the hard thing for me.

I do have a forum question. I have been part of a handful of art forums, and usually there is a "subscribe" button, so you can view topics you have either been watching or commented on. I cant seem to find that short of having an email sent everytime someone comments, which I would rather not do. I guess I could peruse the forums and just see which button show I have visited that topic. but I am betting I just missed the button that lets me find the posts, I have responded on. any idea?

Let me just thanks all you for your help already.

Bob

Bob at the top of this page there is a button "watch this topic" click there and you will be notified of new conversations.

Bob at the top of this page there is a button "watch this topic" click there and you will be notified of new conversations.

thank you sir, I did miss it. now to find all those discussions I was in lol.

Welcome to the board & I hope to see some pics of your projects,this is a great site full of info.

Bob

Hey Bob, welcome to the group, you'll find it friendly and helpful. Most of my Mother's family is from Fort Mill. I spend some time up there with my grandma when I was young. I guess I know it fairly well from visits over the years. Again welcome, Billy P

Welcome to the forum and greetings from Central Texas!

Pictures, we want pictures!

Thanks all,

Soon as I actually doooo something I will get a picture up. so far, just playin on cheezy scraps. I did stop by and get some pieces parts and some decend leather to work a couple of little projects. but still will prolly practied with some of the cut offs of the good leather to see the difference. anyway, hope so see more of ya'll

Welcome aboard, this is a great site.

Ken

welcome you will love it here. i know i do. i have learned alot form these great people