Sign in to follow this  
cybertracy

Have RV will travel. . .

Hi,

I feel kinda funky posting (and unsure if this is a good spot) but I'm trying to leave no stone unturned and as a group, youse leatherworkin' chaps seem to be really well connected and have some awesome ideas.

My kids and I host a community center in exchange for a sweet little spot w/yard to park & live in our RV. We got very comfortable and I was able to quit a very high-stress kick-butt job and a second night job for one I enjoyed (at a local Tandy) that put me home with my kids where I was needed. Things couldn't have been better until the dreaded budget cuts ran right through our hunka home.

Basically we've got 2 weeks to find somewhere else. Ideally I'm looking for a ranch-type setting with an RV pad/hookup that could use an extra hand (I worked a horse ranch when my kids were very young and can wield a manure rake like a samurai) and I "do" tractors & other handy things . . .or a similar spot that I can afford to park the RV (I have 2 amazing kids 13 & 15 and a well-behaived dog). We would also be very happy camphosting again and come with a very long list of references.

I'm willing to relocate to find a good spot.

I know we aren't as bad off as many are in these times and I'm grateful we've at least got the RV for now, but in my area rents (including RV parks) are insane and I don't think WallMart parkinglot would be open to my putting up a fence & patio umberlla (ha!)

Thanks for any suggestions or leads if you have them, a PM would be just fine.

Try RV Net and they have a work camper forum. Also if you belong to Good Sam club they also have a forum with information on work campers and other full timer issues.

RC

Thanks Randy, and to all who PM'd! I knew you guys would have ideas & resources I never even thought of.