Tanthathide9

Knife Scabard Pattern

Ive posted a similar question several times...anybody out there know the pattern to a braided knife scabbard? And how to adjust to the different length of knives? Kinda losing the fire here got no tutor or hands on training....only so much u can pick out of books 3 yrs and aint got a damn thing to show but rawhiding tools and scraps everywhere...maybe simpler projects might stick if not...ill have a hansen cutter for sale pretty soon

If you have Ron Edwards book Round Knots Advanced Leather Braiding volume 2. He give a good show of a braided knife sheath.

@knothead did you mean vol 1? I dont see anything in vol 2.

@OP I dont know what you mean by adjusting length. The edge could be a simple mexican edge braid, but it would need to be super tight to keep the knife edge away from it.

Check out this thread if either knife scabard is what you are looking for PM the poster and see if they will tell you where they found the pattern. http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=33393

I appreciate the responses:

kh: I do not have either book of Ron Edwards if I knew what was in it preview the book I wouldn't mind purchasing.

Cr: thank u for the link I'll look into it