ABC3

Belt Sleeves

Does anyone know where I can buy "belt sleeves" (for a better word) for shipping belts?

Sleeves may be the wrong word but they are the plastic that goes around the belt to protect it during shipping.

I've looked everywhere & can't seem to find a supplier.

Thanks for your help.

try a google for packing material suppliers. McMaster.com has alot of packing materials. That is where I would start. I don't think you would find them listed as belt sleeves though.

http://www.polybagsupplies.com/poly-tubing-c-26.html

Is this what you are looking for -- sounds like it

don't know if this is the "best" place to get this product - it was just the first I found

ETA- link

Edited by Suze

Look for suppliers of plastic sheeting as they often supply the endless tube used with a heat sealer to make long plastic bags.

I have some that is perfect for belts and some a little wider for guitar straps. The heat sealer cuts and seals in a single action. Very quick and you don't waste anything as you only cut to fit the item inside.

Ray - are you on my "wavelength" again?

Ray - are you on my "wavelength" again?

That is a terrifying thought, Suze... <grin!>

Tom, the sleeve idea works really well for me but you will need to know the thickness of the material in microns before you place an order - I have no idea how thick the stuff I use is as I was given it. I'm nearly out and will need to replace soon so perhaps we can find some kind soul to explain what a micron looks like and what size would be best for us.

Ray

go to the grocery store guys

look at all the trash bags -- they are rated in Mills (or the plastic drop cloths)

buy the ones that "match" the Mills at the site

FEEL UP THE TRASH BAGS >grin<

you will soon learn which mill thickness you would want.

educate your fingers and you will be able to tell thickness pretty close.

I would think that 3 mill would be plenty to protect your belts in a shipping boz

Suze,

Thanks for your help. I just want the real cheap stuff that will protect during shipping then I need to find some small plastic bags to put holsters in for shipping.

have you looked at the site I posted

they have them all.....

and about your hosters -- go to odd lots or whatever and get cheap food baggies

why buy boxes of 1000 when you only need 100? (or less)

Suze,

Good suggestion, Thanks

You guys really have to learn to "think outside the box"

Our SCA group runs a festival kids booth -- on a KNOTTED shoestring (we couldn't even afford a new shoestring)

and it is amazing what you can find if you open up your mind to the fact that just because it says it is for "this thing" doesn't mean you CAN'T use it for "that thing"

(of course you are also talking to the person who turned a snack bag inside out and made "mylar" ballons for the dollhouse. and those "champane poppers" with the streamers inside - work well for crepe paper streamers too.

Hey what can I say - someone challenged me that I couldn't find something)

I think it is two guys in some lab somewhere named Mike and Ron. They came up with some ridiculously small measurement and named it after themselves to cornfuse everyone!

Suze,

I think it's just one of those "guy things". If it says blue - it's blue. And if it says made primarily for wood - we won't try it on anything else.

Thank goodness you gals keep us in line.

Have a great afternoon.