Alphonse

Where To Source A Consew 206Rb?

I am looking to buy a new Consew 206RB package. Unfortunately there are no local dealers near me (Gulf Coast of Alabama). Looks like I would have to drive 3 hours or more to a dealer. Other option is to simply order it and let UPS/Freight Company deliver it. From what I see thus far there appears to be a wide range of costs depending on whom you buy it from. ($1290 to $1610 for same package) I would be willing to pay a bit of premium for service. However when it is a minimum of three hours away that becomes questionable as to whether it would be helpful or not. You're likely back to the phone at best.

I have bought tons of woodworking machinery by ordering it and am comfortable with that approach. The majority has been high quality stuff that the manufacturers support.

I have also gotten the sense that some of the sewing machine dealers really do not want to deal with the hassle of shipping a machine. As many of you know, there a couple of large volume eBay sellers that work this niche as well.

Any advice, insights, or experience on how and where to buy one would be most appreciated.

Edited by Alphonse

Hello Alphonse,

Might be good to contact Bob Kovar at Toledo Sewing Machine, for a comparable package. He has a great inventory and does ship to any location.

Just a thought.

God Bless.

Ray

I have found the dealers on this site are happy to help in any way they can. I bought mine from Toledo Industrial and paid $150 freight to the depot in Greensboro NC. I let them know what I planned to be sewing and when it arrived it was already set up. I dropped the machine in the table, installed the belt, threaded it and did a test sew before I even uncrated the stand. It was perfectly adjusted to what I was sewing. You wont get that kind of service from most Ebay sellers. So was it worth the extra little bit more than I could have gotten one on Ebay for. I also have someone that I can contact should I ever need questions answered.

Have to add another for Bob Kovar at Toledo Sewing Machine. I took the plunge about a year past and purchased from him and have never regretted it. At that time I knew nothing about sewing machines (still don't know a whole lot) but I know who I can go to when I have a question and know I will get the straight on it. Just my 2 cents worth.

If I remember correctly my 206RB came from Albrands and was delivered by UPS in two or three packages. The machine, the table, and the motor. I recommend getting the servo motor. I have purchased a bunch of pressor feet from Cut-Sew-Service in Calif. Hope this helps.

I recall a topic started by a member who purchased a similar machine from an eBay dealer (not a member of LWN) and got it in 3 boxes. She was so frustrated trying to assemble the items (without any viable instructions) that she about gave up after fighting with the parts for well over a week.

It is better to order a machine from a dealer who will ship it fully assembled on a pallet and ready to use. At least have the table and its components assembled and maybe the head threaded, in a separate box. Even the step of attaching the head to the table and motor can be too much for a first time owner of an industrial sewing machine.

Bob did this newb sewer right. I received a pallet and 2 boxes IIRC. The pallet held an assembled stand with motor attached securely bolted to the center of the pallet. Box 1 held the machine head with test swatch( what I had told Bob I was going to sew) under the foot. Box 2 contained the accessories that came with the stand and that I had ordered separately. It truly was "plug and play". Set the machine in position, drop on belt, skip belt guard install(sue me, I was excited), thread machine, plug in and sew.

Thanks again Bob.

It is better to order a machine from a dealer who will ship it fully assembled on a pallet and ready to use. At least have the table and its components assembled and maybe the head threaded, in a separate box. Even the step of attaching the head to the table and motor can be too much for a first time owner of an industrial sewing machine.

This

This

?

Wiz, I took the post by Gregg to be seconding your recommendation.

Al

Wiz, I took the post by Gregg to be seconding your recommendation.

Al

Ah so!

Edited by Wizcrafts