JustWakinUp

Just a thought, Could be useful

Being a member of this forum has enlightened me in so many ways i'm unable to measure it. So first of thanks to all those that make it happen. Also I've noticed alot of threads about Marketing, Selling, Pricing etc.

My current way of letting people know what I have for sale is to post a Picture on my myspace page ( http://myspace.com/anarchyleather) and to let folks know it's for sale. I also try to put up info

on a couple forums I belong too about a new auction I've started on eBay.

The thought is this, would it be useful to have a "Current eBay Auctions by LW Artisans" forum on LW?

That way when the public comes to visit us not only do they have the opportunity to see all the talent

here at LW but they could also goto to this eBay auctions forum and see what people have for sale via

eBay.

I know that selling stuff there you always take a price hit but long term it may be useful to get your product

into other peoples hands that might not ever of known who you are and what you make.

Anyways, I'm rambling and it's just a thought.

There is a category in the Marketplace area for finished leather goods, and only one person has ever posted in there. I always thought people would say, "here is what I have listed in stock, in my catalog, on my website, ebay auction, etsy, myspace or just flat out describe the items and their prices. Break the ice in there and start posting. Ain't no shame in advertising your work here on LW and the Marketplace is already set up for it. Show pics of your work. You never know where Google will lead someone, today or next month. I subscribe to a couple of ebay sellers stores, and would love to see them at least post links on the board here. I like Matera's cuffs and watches, and that clean New York look. There is another fellow I would buy a belt from if I had the money. No, you won't get rich selling to leatherworkers, but they love looking at your work, and they'll tell their friends. It can't hurt to link with the forum. So go break the ice in virgin territory:

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showforum=90

Johanna

Being a member of this forum has enlightened me in so many ways i'm unable to measure it. So first of thanks to all those that make it happen. Also I've noticed alot of threads about Marketing, Selling, Pricing etc.

My current way of letting people know what I have for sale is to post a Picture on my myspace page ( http://myspace.com/anarchyleather and to let folks know it's for sale. I also try to put up info

on a couple forums I belong too about a new auction I've started on eBay.

The thought is this, would it be useful to have a "Current eBay Auctions by LW Artisans" forum on LW?

That way when the public comes to visit us not only do they have the opportunity to see all the talent

here at LW but they could also goto to this eBay auctions forum and see what people have for sale via

eBay.

I know that selling stuff there you always take a price hit but long term it may be useful to get your product

into other peoples hands that might not ever of known who you are and what you make.

Anyways, I'm rambling and it's just a thought.

Tried to fix the link to your profile.

Here it is again: http://myspace.com/anarchyleather

I use myspace and now also facebook but facebook seem to be a place for people with notting to do with their sparetime and sit and post virtual guitars, pets and taking quizzes but myspace has attracted some work for me lately and still do. I checked my customers there a few days ago and was impressed to see how many had me listed in top friends. That is really good news beacause I use the name Tom Leatherart to stir up more interest wich will hopefully keep up the chainreaction thing I've been experiencing this summer and fall.

I still haven't had the time to get to the point where I seek new contacts with bands and musicians wich is my aim at myspace so there still is stuff I could do there but I just prefer to hang out at my fav site called LW alot too;-) At this point I still have loads more to learn so a mix between both is my cup of tea at the moment being.

I also try to seek out and connect with as many as possible LW and other leatherworkerfriends worldwide as possible.

I think it'd be interesting of you to come back to this thread in a few months and vent your experiences with it.

Well, I'm off to see your myspace page and add you (think I've allready have you on my list but prolly just never seen you online too much?)

Tom

Edited by TomSwede