Sign in to follow this  
BobSpr

Bushcraft Possibles Bag

First, Thank you to OzHaggisHead for the instructions and pattern.

I had a pile of scraps from an upholstery side laying around. So using the instructions posted by OzHaggisHead (Instuction link) and the scraps, I made something serviceable. And being from scraps, I was mainly looking for experience and not total perfection. I think I did an ok job, what say you?

Front:

pouch-front.jpg

Back (Oz used heavier leather and slits for the belt loop. With the thinness of the scraps I had, I used a 2 inch wide by 3 1/2 inch long piece of nylon webbing):

pouch-back.jpg

Inside front (again, the scraps were thin, so I reinforced the top with a piece of 3 oz Latigo):

pouch-inside.jpg

Could you have added a section or pack to it for water container. You know a good bushman needs a little water container!! Nice looking bag, I like the rough look, killer piece.

Looks good - so all of the stitching was done by hand?

Could you have added a section or pack to it for water container. You know a good bushman needs a little water container!! Nice looking bag, I like the rough look, killer piece.

I am looking for a 16-24 oz stainless steel flask for it. Until then, I plan on using the 2 liter bottle carrier I made from ballistic nylon.

Edited by BobSpr

Looks good - so all of the stitching was done by hand?

No, it was done by machine. Normally, I hand sew leather and use a Singer CG590 heavy duty machine for making gear out of non-leather fabric. Since it will sew through 8 layers of denim, I thought I would try it on this pouch. It worked great.