Canchaser1981

Is There A Way To Apply Fringe To A Breast Collar You Already Have?

Sorry y'all im really new to leather making but I am so very interested in learning about this!! Can anyone tell me if theres a way to apply leather fringe to a breast collar without absolutely making the entire breast collar from scratch? I'm thinking of upcycling some breast collars!! Posting pic of a very expensive example...lol ;) Thanks so much!

post-54198-0-46002300-1407185970_thumb.p

I'm sure the professional saddle makers here will give you a proper answer, however I just think that the time and effort to take away the old stitching, make a fringe, re sandwich and sew everything again seems as much work as to do it from scratch. But less fun. Why not use the old ones as templates and learn something new!

It would help if you could post a picture of the breast collar you wanted to upcycle so we could see what it would take. For the most part you should be able to. You can buy ready made fringe or make your own the fringe would be sewn on or riveted on. Again it depends on what the collar looks like to determine the best way to do it and be able to make it look like it is suposed to be there. Just seen conrad and i posted at about the same time. i will agree with him that it can be a bit of work.

Edited by camano ridge

If you want your fringe to look better than the amateur one in the picture........cut the fringe at an angle so that it naturaly hangs straight down instead of the awkward way the fringre does in the picture

Thank you so much for your comments!! Honestly I could see the adventure in making one & im up for the challenge if need be!! ;) I am attaching photos of the set as it is new...mine is just like it but a little worn!!

Here they are!! ;)

post-54198-0-23917300-1407208894_thumb.j

post-54198-0-35514700-1407208896_thumb.j

Edited by Canchaser1981