Sign in to follow this  
thenewbee

Can Some One Help Me?

Hi thankyou if you are reading this I am a new newbee t leatherworking and I need any tips tricks

Or what ever u can tell methat will help me I got a few questions I need answerd so if u have experince

In leatherworking please join this form and help me

If u post yur question somebody will probely be along to try and answer it. But they will need to know what the question is first.

Well, you're in the right place to learn. Asking any of us to expound on the subject of leather work....you'd get some LOOOOONG responses. Start with the Paul Burnett series, then move to "getting started", then start reading the "pinned" topics at the beginning of each sub forum. If you have a specific question, by all means post it and we'll do what we can to answer it.

My specific advice: Read a lot, experiment a little at a time, and don't expect to turn out works of art your first time.

As has been said, "Read all posts on this site that pertain to what you are interested in." This site is very much like an Encyclopedia of Leathercraft.

Also: If you have a Tandy store near you, visit and ask the folks working there many questions, check out the many information books they have.

If you don't have a Tandy store close to you by all means visit their Web Site.

There are many retailers that advertise on this site also. Tandy is a great place to begin.

ferg

Hi thankyou if you are reading this I am a new newbee t leatherworking and I need any tips tricks

Or what ever u can tell methat will help me I got a few questions I need answerd so if u have experince

In leatherworking please join this form and help me

Well thankyou everyone for all your responces and it helped one more question would any of you with allot of experiance want to I guess u could

Say take me as an aprentice like you will be my go to guy or girl if I need help or have any questions?

An actual apprenticeship is a hard thing to do via the internet, but you might find a local leather worker that would be willing to help you. As far as a specific mentor....well, here's the thing- we all have our areas of expertise and typically ask each other questions when we have them. For example: If you were interested in making masks, you'd get better advice from Leatheroo (in Australia). Want to make armor? Prince is one of the best armor artists on here. Sheaths - DCKnives. Holsters - lots of excellent holster makers, too many to list. Tooling/carving - Bob Park (Hidepounder), Bobocat (but he's in China and doesn't speak English very well), King's X. Motorcycle leather - Spinner. Period/reenactment leather - Luke Hatley. Sewing machine questions - Art, Sewmun, Ronnie, Cobra Steve ...............................The list goes on......

The point is that if you were to only have one person to ask questions, you'll be SEVERELY limiting your experience. Instead, just post questions on the open forum and our members will answer as they can. This way, you draw on the collective experience of lots of people instead of only one. That is one of the reasons this forum is here.

This doesn't mean that you can't ask one person more than others, I'm just trying to express to you the incredibly large amount of knowledge available from the whole membership.

NOTE: The listed examples are not all-inclusive. I merely listed the members off the top of my head.