kheart

Different Ways To Tie The Laces On Reins And Bit Ends?

I've been trying to find some more decorative or creative ways to tie the leather laces on reins and bit ends than the regular old knot that I've been using. Any ideas or examples of different ways to do it? Thanks!

K,

I do this sometimes, not particularly fancy but you might like it.

Terry

www.singletreeleather.com

post-14951-0-43819100-1457282391_thumb.j

Here is the way I do it. Was taught to me by an older horseman who worked at a cutting horse ranch. Never comes untied and is not difficult to take out if you need to.

I tried to post photos but keep getting "low memory" error. I don't know what that is about as I reduce the camera setting to low as I could go. I'll try later as I have had no trouble posting photos in the past.

1 go through both holes from the back of the water loop and rein holes, leave a little loose. Take one lace and wrap around to the front and then back around to the back and pass under the loop and continue around to the front, pass under the lace and work until tight.

2 take the second end and repeat going the opposite direction.

K,

I do this sometimes, not particularly fancy but you might like it.

Terry

www.singletreeleather.com

attachicon.gifIMG_1468_Trim.jpg

That looks really nice! Thanks for sharing!

Here is the way I do it. Was taught to me by an older horseman who worked at a cutting horse ranch. Never comes untied and is not difficult to take out if you need to.

I tried to post photos but keep getting "low memory" error. I don't know what that is about as I reduce the camera setting to low as I could go. I'll try later as I have had no trouble posting photos in the past.

1 go through both holes from the back of the water loop and rein holes, leave a little loose. Take one lace and wrap around to the front and then back around to the back and pass under the loop and continue around to the front, pass under the lace and work until tight.

2 take the second end and repeat going the opposite direction.

Would love to see the pictures. Sounds pretty interesting. If it would help you can email them to me at kheartmontana@yahoo.com and I can try to post them here too.

That is nifty sonorabitandspur! I've never seen anything like it before. Really cool, thanks so much for sharing!