AussieLee

Just introducing myself

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd do the newbie and polite thing and introduce myself. My name is Lee, and I joined here to learn and teach myself about leather working and hopefully one day, feel confident enough to attempt saddlery. I'm an Aussie, and I currently reside in Queensland.

At the moment I make dog leashes and horse leads out of rope, using the techniques I learnt as a professional sailor. So splicing and rope work is a bit of a forte.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome from Mesa, Arizona, USA. I am facinated by knots and how people can memorize them. I enjoy braiding leather when I want to relax.

Welcome to the forum!

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd do the newbie and polite thing and introduce myself. My name is Lee, and I joined here to learn and teach myself about leather working and hopefully one day, feel confident enough to attempt saddlery. I'm an Aussie, and I currently reside in Queensland.

At the moment I make dog leashes and horse leads out of rope, using the techniques I learnt as a professional sailor. So splicing and rope work is a bit of a forte.

...search www.dimensionsinleather.com for the upcoming leather conference in Brisbane

...search www.dimensionsinleather.com for the upcoming leather conference in Brisbane

You do exsist.LOL I was giving marlon a hard time the other day asking if he just wore one of the mission impossible masks on your site.

Hi I'm Lea a Seamstress from BC canada, and I do alot of custom stuff but haven't worked with leather. I've never sewn leather anything but have been intrested in it and I am sure, here, I will learn and meet good people along the way.

I have been intrested in how people make things, do the puting together and making the items turn into the final product.

I always was intrested in how the indentations happen making the pictures/ patterns etc in the leather etc etc but never seen it done or what exactly what all goes nto it. it has always intrested me.

I've always wondered if my seamstress sewing is the same or different what is different and what is the same about the two. I'd also like to learn about the leathers...I know that there are firm leathers and ones that feal like they nearly melt in your hands like cause they are sooo flexable etc. I've always wondered if they sewd the same...satten/ silt you have to be very carful not to make a run in the matereal yet other matereals are so given and if you make a mistakeit's ok easy to fix and no trace of threads been re-sewn prior...type of idea.

I aso thought i'd like to extend my knowledge and learn new things/ ways of sewing.

thanks for allowing me to join

Lea