seveneves

Tippmann Boss Double Double Looping Underneath

i'm not sure if this has been addressed here in the forum yet but I'm having trouble lately with my machine double looping. It will be goign along just fine then it will jam as I pull the lever down, I look underneath and it looks like there's two loops where there should be just one. Sometimes I can pull the extra loop out of the way and continue a few more stitches before it does it again. Has anyone had this problem? How did you fix it. Thanks so much.

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. Are you getting double loops on the underside of the leather or on top of the leather under the presser foot?

Sounds like he's skipping a stitch, resulting in the double loop on the hook. I know because I've had it too. However, if pull the lever all the way down and don't short the up stroke I've found I don't have the problem.

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. Are you getting double loops on the underside of the leather or on top of the leather under the presser foot?

It's not under the presser foot but rather on the underside of the leather right by the bobbin. I was sewing some nylon straps to some canvas. It doesn't do nearly as bad on leather. Also mainly with the 346/277 thread.

This sounds to me like the top thread is not going directly into the middle of the top tension disks. This causes the bobbin tension to become excessive, in a relative sense. Or, you might need to move up to a larger needle.

I'm having the same trouble. I've gone over the machine, and it is thread properly, and everything looks as it should. I'm not dropping a stutch as far as I can tell, but it will bind on the downstroke, and that is when I see the double loop.

I watched the trouble shooting video, but, I'm going to call Tippmann tomorrow morning....

Since I can't afford another machine I guess I have to learn this one inside and out....