Sign in to follow this  
ReneeCanady

Renaissance Belt For My Hubby

I am attempting to make a renaissance armor set for my hubby. I found a pretty cool style set online and am taking most of the idea from there. This is just the begining of a huge project and I am certainly still in the trial and error phase.

post-30767-027454900 1344472951_thumb.jp

post-30767-094308200 1344472960_thumb.jp

I am attempting to make a renaissance armor set for my hubby. I found a pretty cool style set online and am taking most of the idea from there. This is just the begining of a huge project and I am certainly still in the trial and error phase.

Is that a celtic design on the bottom border?

Chris

Interesting belt design, and nicely executed!

I'll admit at first glance I thought it was a corset. I've never seen anything like that. Do you have plans for other pieces of armor?

Yes, there are celtic looking dragons and a little knot work type design flowing from the dragons around the rest. The breastplate will (hopefully lol) come down and sit just about on the normal width of the belt. The taller extra sumo part of the belt is basically there to make sure you don't see "belly" when he raises his arms and such :) I don't have a pattern for the rest yet, but I am guessing from a set that I have seen on the internet and then making it my own way. I didn't tool the designs due to wanting this done sometime this month so he can wear it to the faire. The designs are just kind of indented with a stylus and then traced over with a fine point sharpie. The color of brown is just sun tanned leather.