Sign in to follow this  
rickeyfro

Am I Wrong About This?

Just looking for some opinions on a situation I recently experienced, I purchased a couple of Tri Weave Stamps from a toolmaker recently, that I found on this forum. These werent my first purchase, and was happy with everything Id purchased previously. The tri weaves arrived and they were unfinished, The center had just a dimple but hadnt been dished out. I sent pictures of the stamps to the maker, and was told to send them back and he'd finish them. I sent them back, didnt insure them, my fault, but had delivery confirmation, Post office showed them delivered to his house in Texas but was told by him "Sorry they never arrived". Ive had enough mishaps with usps to know that maybe they didnt arrive and the carrier went ahead and entered the info that they did. Or maybe he delivered them to the wrong address. Whatever the case, it just seems to me, If I was the tool maker and a return customer had to send something back because of my error, and that customer supplied me with the delivery confirmation number showing he had sent them, Just seems Id want to make it right, or at least try to come up with some soliution other than just emailing the customer "Sorry, never got em . Ive wrote this off as a loss, for me 2 unfinished stamps, for him a customer who more than likely would have come back again and again, just curious to hear from some others. Rick

Edited by rickeyfro

I'm with you Rick.

If the toolmaker did not get them as the delivery confirmation suggest HE takes it up with USPS and he should for future business' sake keep you out of this problem. As I see it the problem is between him and his local USPS personal.

Thanks Tina, I tried looking at it from both sides and still come to the conclusion that even if they were lost, I supplied proof that I attempted to return them, something I wouldnt have had to do if I would have been sent a finished product in the first place, really regret it too, cuz this guy makes some unique stamps, some Ive never seen before, in particular was a stamp that simulated a Diamond Plate, I get asked all the time by people where I got that stamp, and now kinda hesitant to even say, because even if its being spiteful I really dont want to be sending him any business.

I'm with you Rick.

If the toolmaker did not get them as the delivery confirmation suggest HE takes it up with USPS and he should for future business' sake keep you out of this problem. As I see it the problem is between him and his local USPS personal.

I would say you did everything you could, he knows you're not just trying to get extra stamps for free and now everyone loses because he has drawn some line about how far he'll go. This is why we almost never use USPS, we use UPS and when someone doesn't get a package, it's because they're too lazy to look on the front porch because they always use the side door.

Good luck,

Kevin