treborterb

Feed Cam Replacement On A 29-4

Is the feed mechanism under the head (the feed cam) replaceable on a Singer 29-4 patching machine?

everything is replaceable. question is if it is worth the work / money. I´d say it pretty much depends on the condition / age of the machine.

Are you talking about the gears that drive the shuttle?

The only way to get them is a donor machine.

Contact Bob at Toledo.

Thanks again Darren...being completely new at this, I am not quite sure but will be finding that out and I'll give Bob a call back and run that by him.

Edited by treborterb

OK...don't feel so bad now...after talking to someone who sells/supplies the parts for these machines and admittedly worked on over a thousand Singer 29K machines...there doesn't seem to be any clear designation for the machine part groupings. If someone more knowledgable can tell me what they categorize the various assemblies (or part housings/groupings) it would be much appreciated. If I don't have the exact part number/name already... I can't just refer to a specific area where the part I'm trying to replace is housed. These machines are fairly simple in construction so eventually taking it apart and noting the name and part number will ultimately get me familiar with the parts but still leaves me stumbling to explain what area I am referring to without a part number/name. Would the part housing the needle/foot be called the needle housing, or the arm that contains the shuttle/bobbin be called the arm assembly??? I'm nitpicking really, but for the sake of expedience I would have thought these areas would be clearly defined.

Check out College Sewing in the UK, they have most 29 parts listed with good pictures for I.D., and the part number and models they fit. Gump.

College Sewing have new parts for later models that will not work i a 29-4

For part numbers go here:

http://www.parts.singerco.com/IPpartCharts/29-4.pdf

Thanks Darren...already have that same parts list as well as a few others. Got my parts from Bob Kovar at Toledo Industrial. I think I have almost everything to give it a test run (and I say almost because he forgot to add a part to the order and is shipping it along now), so when that last part...the stitch regulator, gets here I can test it out.

On another note...does anyone know the best way to clean the outside of these machines without damaging the decals?