Sign in to follow this  
Handstitched

Presser Foot Adjustment

G'Day from upsidedown land.

Its been a while since I was here last.

I've got all of the adjustments just about perfect on my Colt, ( similar to Torro), and its running very sweetly indeed.

Although I have the presser foot adjustment just right , as before I was leaving foot marks in the leather, I've often wondered how far does it go before it goes *pop*.

Does it come out with such force that I end up with a hole in my shed roof, or is it not that dramatic?

And is it easy to put back, in the event that it comes right out??

All the best

Thanks heaps

HS thumbsup.gif

That screw thingamabob is easy to put back if it pops out. If memory serves correctly, it might get a bit of flight time if you are not paying attention and you unscrew it all the way. This has happened to me once.

ed

G'Day from upsidedown land.

Its been a while since I was here last.

I've got all of the adjustments just about perfect on my Colt, ( similar to Torro), and its running very sweetly indeed.

Although I have the presser foot adjustment just right , as before I was leaving foot marks in the leather, I've often wondered how far does it go before it goes *pop*.

Does it come out with such force that I end up with a hole in my shed roof, or is it not that dramatic?

And is it easy to put back, in the event that it comes right out??

All the best

Thanks heaps

HS thumbsup.gif

That screw thingamabob is easy to put back if it pops out. If memory serves correctly, it might get a bit of flight time if you are not paying attention and you unscrew it all the way. This has happened to me once.

ed

G'Day Again,

Thanks for that.Hopefully now that I have the adjustment just right, I won't need to touch it again for the sewing that I do, but just needed to know ....just in case .

Thanks

HSthumbsup.gif

Lately I've been thinking about this very presser-foot adjustment screw and have come to the notion that many of us, maybe it's just me, have this adjustment screwed down too tightly and should probably back it out a bit. I'll take a picture of the exposed threads on my machine. Maybe others can do the same, though I'm sure there might be some variance among different manufacturers and distributors.

Ed

G'Day Again,

Thanks for that.Hopefully now that I have the adjustment just right, I won't need to touch it again for the sewing that I do, but just needed to know ....just in case .

Thanks

HSthumbsup.gif