RobertB

Calfskin

I am looking for dyed calfskin or kip. I saw a whip made of some but have not been able to find any to buy, dose anybody know of any or will I have to dye my own lace or just stick with roo.

Thanks for any insights

Rob

I don't know of anywhere to get calf rawhide, dyed or otherwise. I called Springfield Leather a while back asking about calf rawhide and they said they never have any. They had some horse and kangaroo rawhide that's good for button string, so I've heard, but no calf. I've been lucky enough to get a few calf hides lately to dry out myself. Maybe you could find someone around that would let you get their calf hide if/when they lose one. Bret

Are you looking for leather calfskin or rawhide? In Lakeside, NE you should sure be able to get calf hides! Lol. I've got one in the lime tank right now. It's from a red angus calf. It'll be the first red hide I've gotten and I'm anxious to see if the color really is better, as some folks claim.

If you are looking for calfskin lace, Tandy has it in 3/32 and 1/8" in Tan, brown, or black. I use the Superior calfskin black quite a bit, and it is nice to work with, a little cheaper than roo as well.