OdinUK

Ecoflow Professional Pearl Water Stain

Has anyone used the Ecoflow Professional Pearl yet? I bought this thinking it was a 'white' pearlescent coloured stain but it just gives a pearl shimmer to the leather and turns the leather somewhat darker. Is this product supposed to be mixed with other colours? Thank you.

Has anyone used the Ecoflow Professional Pearl yet? I bought this thinking it was a 'white' pearlescent coloured stain but it just gives a pearl shimmer to the leather and turns the leather somewhat darker. Is this product supposed to be mixed with other colours? Thank you.

When I purchased some from Tandy I thought the same, it was a stand alone product but the clerk said it was to be added to the other colors to give them a pearlescenct color. I tried it with some Medium Brown and the effect I received was disappointing, did not see that it made that much difference in the color.

Im glad Im not the only one. I will contact Tandy and ask what quantity should be mixed with the coloured dyes.

Im glad Im not the only one. I will contact Tandy and ask what quantity should be mixed with the coloured dyes.

I played with these a bit in the store a few weeks ago and we got pretty decent results by laying down a base coat of the main color and then mixing 50/50 color/pearl for the second coat and lightly rubbing it on with a slightly damp sponge in circular motions.

Wiping on in straight lines would cause the pearl particles to align in the path of the wipe and looked streaky. Let each coat dye 15-20 minutes (or longer depending on temp/weather) and then buff off with a soft cloth in similar circular motion.

Chris

Thanks for the tip Chris, Ill give it a try but will have to get a base coulour to try it with. I hope I can use it, this stuff isnt cheap.

Ive used it over the yellow (that was dry) on flower petals and was quite pleased with the result.

It is a bit hard to tell if you have got it where you dont want it though, as it doesn't really seem to do anything much until dry- when it looks a bit whiter and much more shiny.