dscott

Arbor Press

How to use an arbor press as a die press is this possible

Thank youn

I think you'll need a 12-ton or more hydraulic shop press for that. Search forums for "shop press."

Michelle

How to use an arbor press as a die press is this possible

Thank youn

Just wondering if you're referring to using leather stamps? I made one up and it works great for stamping especially with my 74 year old hands, saves them cramping up. The throat depth of the arbor press limits some stamping projects but works super for belts, holsters and such.

Picture%20002_3.jpg

To make that alteration, you simply need to find the center of the foot and drill it out to accept several sizes of stamping tool. 5/16" bore will handle *most* common tools. Once that's done, you need to add a set screw (I drilled and tapped all 4 sides) to hold the stamp in place.

I use my arbor press as stated above, but also as a mini clicker for key fobs and stuff.

post-6330-0-14823600-1448767306_thumb.jp

post-6330-0-06464100-1448767341_thumb.jp

post-6330-0-77777100-1448767371_thumb.jp

thank you

that is the set up i was looking for

Instead of buying a hot press machine, which is basically an arbor press with an adjustable heating pad, is there a way to modify an arbor press to do the same thing that a Kingsley Hot Press would do in debossing emblems?

I love the mods that you guys did to your arbors but I need one that's heated.

You could add a t-stat controlled heating element to one, sure. Or you could just have an all metal embossing plate that you heat independently, then place and press.

Thanks for posting the images - trying to use my Arbor in a similar manner. Looking for a metal shop to help me with the welding of the press plate - have checked many local hardware stores and they all just scratch their heads when I show the pics. Thanks for the image post!

Instead of buying a hot press machine, which is basically an arbor press with an adjustable heating pad, is there a way to modify an arbor press to do the same thing that a Kingsley Hot Press would do in debossing emblems?

I love the mods that you guys did to your arbors but I need one that's heated.

See http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=67910#entry443057