adaman04

My First 2 Sheaths And Many Thanks!

I started browsing this forum several years ago and as I've done many times, I jumped back and forth between other hobbies. In that time I've made a couple of sheaths and some misc. projects and have used this forum for lots of reference. I just wanted to say thank you and post a couple of pics.

The first sheath was for a RAT/ESEE-4. I've always liked the plain square bottom bushcraft style sheaths, so that is what I went with.

jqotiw.jpg

I learned to taper the sheath from top to bottom a bit so the width of the handle doesn't make the bottom of the sheath wider than the top. Lesson learned!

ndq4g5.jpg

My burnishing was/is still improving for sure.

oggis7.jpg

On the belt.

15zpdlt.jpg

More recently I had a friend and knifemaker make me this beauty. I had one piece of leather big enough for this knife, though it had some marking/hide damage. I will most likely redo this one at some point.

2qsb8dt.jpg

35iu7at.jpg

Oh and I had forgotten, I also made a mask for my axe.

mwy8g1.jpg

330e0xt.jpg

I need to groove my stitch lines a bit deeper and do some general improving overall, but I think it will come with time and the help of all of you. Thanks for your willingness to share tips. I welcome any tips and criticism you all have.

-Adam

Cool stuff! I especially like the axe cover!

I especially like the second knife. Nice work!