Cecil

Help Estimating Saddle Value

A friend of mine received a longhorn saddle from an estate. We know nothing about saddles. Could you help estimate the fair market value. The leather needs some oiling but shows no sign of wear. Here are some pictures.

A friend of mine received a longhorn saddle from an estate. We know nothing about saddles. Could you help estimate the fair market value. The leather needs some oiling but shows no sign of wear. Here are some pictures.

Cecil,

Although this saddle has a lot of flash to it, it "dates" itself as far as using it in the show ring. The style is from 70's and it does show some wear, things are loose and bent. People in our area (Arizona) would shy away from it because it is to dated for the show ring and to pleasure ride in it, the brush in Arizona would be collecting under the bent silver. It would take someone that rode mostly in a arena and just fell in love with the saddle to want to buy it. They are out there, you just need to find them. :blahblahblah:

My opinion, the saddle would sell in our area for $700.00 to $900.00 It would be at the shop for a while but there are people looking for used saddle all the time.

Rick jorgenson