• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Leather Braiding and other leather crafts
  • Leatherwork Specialty:None
  • Interested in learning about:Braiding Dog Leads and Collars
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:Tandy Leather

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

Someone please help me. I am new and just got interested in leather braiding. I am interested in dog leads and collars. I think I have learned the braiding part somewhat but don't know how to end it so it will stay secure. I am sure I need to make some sorts knot but don't know which one or how to do it. If anybody have any idea please help. Thanks

#2 DoubleC

DoubleC

Leatherworker.net Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts
  • Interests:I just noticed this was running 1/2 down the page so deleted it all. I'll shorten it to I like a lot of things, especially creating things from curtains to conchos and beyond :-)
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Finding out I know very little about anything
  • Interested in learning about:improving my tooling, carving, designing
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:Actually my partner did somehow

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

You should check out the braiding forum further down. They have tutorials on knots, and also youtube has them. I am like you, can braid but can't figure the knots. Good luck. Cheryl

#3 Sylvia

Sylvia

Leatherworker.net Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:Google

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:03 AM

Someone please help me. I am new and just got interested in leather braiding. I am interested in dog leads and collars. I think I have learned the braiding part somewhat but don't know how to end it so it will stay secure. I am sure I need to make some sorts knot but don't know which one or how to do it. If anybody have any idea please help. Thanks

Hello: This lady says what she does in this video. Unfortunately she doesn't show how. But maybe it will give you some ideas.

There are a lot of braiding videos on Youtube.
A teacher pointed at me with a ruler and said "At the end of this ruler is an idiot." I got detention when I asked "Which end?"

#4 Sovran81

Sovran81

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Interested in learning about:briads, knots, sewing

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:45 AM

If you are not using a core, I have found a crown knot to be both functional and decorative. If using a core, the lace needs to be bound to the core, then a turksheads braided over it. Or if braiding through a ring there is another method that has been talked about in the braiding forum in a couple threads. They should appear on the first page. I braid but dont go through rings so dont feel qualified to give the information on those methods.