Stitchless Coin Purse Pattern

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sherlockian100

sherlockian100

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Leatherwork obviously, and I was a professional close-up magician for many years and I did photography professionally (owned a wedding photog and some portraiture business) for many years after working for a high end portrit studio owned by someone else.
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Knife Sheaths, pouches, purses, etc.
  • Interested in learning about:Lately, I have taken an interest in learning all I can in Pictorial Carving, to include various coloring techniques. And I am trying to learn more about braiding.
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:browsing

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

I see a lot of requests for patterns on here, but not a lot of patterns being shared. So, I thought I would share one. This is a fun little project that isn't too difficult.

I don't think this pattern is copyrighted. I saw them at various place on the internet and worked out the pattern for making them. It needs to be adjusted a little as you make it, as no two mesure out exactly correct. The trick is shaping it into an approximately exact "triangle", as opposed to a "cone" because if its shaped more like a cone, then the back side will be a sideways cone and won't look right, I've posted the finished look and the pattern I have. It can be adjusted for different sizes, the pattern just shows basically how it needs to be shaped.

Posted Image
coin purse 1 by sherlockian100, on Flickr

Posted Image
Untitled by sherlockian100, on Flickr
Don't focus so hard on making a living, that you forget to make a life!

#2 BigBuckLeather

BigBuckLeather

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Thanks for sharing...I've been meaning to do a search for this pattern but never took the time; I think this is a perfect gift now that the holidays are near... Thanks again. !

#3 Leatherstarter

Leatherstarter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

Hey guys, totally new to leathering and just got on this site a few months ago. Don't know if this helps and I know it's after the holidays but this tutorial on youtube is awesome and goes over how to make one of these pretty thorough. Good Luck!