fivesixthree

Lubertos Classic Cub

is the lubertos cub better than the boss from tippmann or worse ? any experience with it ?

I got the demo at Sheridan and then had some time to sit and play with it.

The quality and design are up to usual Luberto "built like a tank" standard. Finish is good, no shortcuts were evident.

I have only one problem with it. The motive power is a crank on the side of the machine (where a traditional balance wheel would be). I just have a problem with cranking that thing and feeding the work. That's not saying I wouldn't get used to it after a while, it cranks away from you unlike most balance wheels, which is a good thing. I have no problems working my No.9 with the wheel on the front, but the crank on the side might take some time to appreciate?

It is a little more fluid than the Boss, and I would have a hard time deciding between the Cub and a Cast Iron (original) Boss.

With the prices the way they are today, You should seriously consider a powered short arm 441 clone, unless portability is a factor.

Art

is the lubertos cub better than the boss from tippmann or worse ? any experience with it ?

OK DECIDED TO GO AHEAD AND BUY IT WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING TOO MUCH ABOUT IT JUST WHAT I HEARD AND SAW HERE ON THE BLOGS , I WAS ACTUALLY LOOKING FOR THE BOSS BUT JUST BECAUSE ITS MORE FLUID I WENT AHEAD AND GOT IT , WILL BE RECIEVING IT IN A FEW DAYS , I WAS TOLD ALSO ABOUT THE EXCELLENT SERVICE THAT LUBERTO S COMPANY OFFER SO WILL GIVE IT A TRY SOON

OK DECIDED TO GO AHEAD AND BUY IT WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING TOO MUCH ABOUT IT JUST WHAT I HEARD AND SAW HERE ON THE BLOGS , I WAS ACTUALLY LOOKING FOR THE BOSS BUT JUST BECAUSE ITS MORE FLUID I WENT AHEAD AND GOT IT , WILL BE RECIEVING IT IN A FEW DAYS , I WAS TOLD ALSO ABOUT THE EXCELLENT SERVICE THAT LUBERTO S COMPANY OFFER SO WILL GIVE IT A TRY SOON

Hi,

Can you post your feedback on the cub after using it? I'm interested in a "manual" machine and would like to hear input from someone that has used one. Thanks so much!

Chris

I second that request.

ok for that its almost impossible to find any info on it not even from the lubertos web site , when i get it i will take some pics maybe even a video for you tube or something ,

got my cub in, i read the manual etc , its avery nice stitcher its heavy duty cast iron made in the usa , i read it uses 328s needles in differernt gauges , ordered a set of 200 and somme threading to fit from artisan co, will arrive in the nest few days and will take some pictures to post and a small review from me the novice stitcher ,

got my cub in, i read the manual etc , its avery nice stitcher its heavy duty cast iron made in the usa , i read it uses 328s needles in differernt gauges , ordered a set of 200 and somme threading to fit from artisan co, will arrive in the nest few days and will take some pictures to post and a small review from me the novice stitcher ,

Keep us posted! I'm trying to decide between the two and I would really like to see what you think as far as use and such. Thank you in advance.

Chris

There are few other guys here interested in contact info on Luberto..can you please share any info you have,,,phone #... web-site...

Thanks !..

There are few other guys here interested in contact info on Luberto..can you please share any info you have,,,phone #... web-site...

Thanks !..

LUBERTO'S

Sewing Machines, LLC

PO Box 665

Moosup, CT 06354 http://www.leatherstitchers.com/contact.htm

1-800-419-9898

1-800-522-6010

1-860-564-8252

FAX 1-860-564-6653

HERE IT IS GUYS I PERSONALLY HAVENT CONTACTED THEM BUT HEARD OF GREAT SERVICE >> OK NOW I HAVE BEEN USING THE CUN I DONT KNOW WICH SIZE IT IS BUT FOLLOWED MANUAL INTRUCTIONS AND IT IS A great machine IT WILL SEW 3/4 INCH LIKE BUTTER ITM REALLY SUPRISED THIS LITTLE ONE HAS NOT MADE MORE COMPETITION TO THE TIPPMAN THIS ONE IS CAST IRON AND HEAVY AND WILL WORK ON THE ROTATIOF THE HANDLE AND WILL ACCEPT DIFERENT SIZE NEEDES 328S 328DI SCHMETZ NEEDES IN DIFFERNT SIZES IM USING 25 WITH 277 TRHEAD WICH I GOT FROM THE ARTISAN WEB SITE FAST SERVICE FROM THEM TOO I GOT MINE OFF EBAY FOR 950 IM ADDING PICTURES ALSO THE CRANK IN NOT SUPER HARD TO ROTATE I DOES CLICK ON EVERY TURN BUT ALSO DOES THE BOSS CHEERS AND IM ENJOYING IT

post-8372-085403600 1299262315_thumb.jpg

post-8372-028521100 1299262334_thumb.jpg

post-8372-060036000 1299262348_thumb.jpg

post-8372-023885000 1299262360_thumb.jpg

post-8372-031816100 1299262371_thumb.jpg

post-8372-038123100 1299262385_thumb.jpg

post-8372-078384200 1299262397_thumb.jpg

post-8372-005440800 1299262413_thumb.jpg

I got the demo at Sheridan and then had some time to sit and play with it.

The quality and design are up to usual Luberto "built like a tank" standard. Finish is good, no shortcuts were evident.

I have only one problem with it. The motive power is a crank on the side of the machine (where a traditional balance wheel would be). I just have a problem with cranking that thing and feeding the work. That's not saying I wouldn't get used to it after a while, it cranks away from you unlike most balance wheels, which is a good thing. I have no problems working my No.9 with the wheel on the front, but the crank on the side might take some time to appreciate?

It is a little more fluid than the Boss, and I would have a hard time deciding between the Cub and a Cast Iron (original) Boss.

With the prices the way they are today, You should seriously consider a powered short arm 441 clone, unless portability is a factor.

Art

SUPER THANKS FOR THE ADVISE IM USING IT NOW WITH EXCELLENT RESULTS VERY GOOD BAD ASSS MACHINE

Please turn the caps lock off. So, did Tony move back to Connecticut from Montana?

Art

SUPER THANKS FOR THE ADVISE IM USING IT NOW WITH EXCELLENT RESULTS VERY GOOD BAD ASSS MACHINE

Please turn the caps lock off. So, did Tony move back to Connecticut from Montana?

Art

It's been a while for this thread,but I've been in contact with Tony on a problem with the no9 my Dad had.He was patient and worked me thru it,and He plans on getting things moving again.

He's back and forth between Ct and Mt.