Sign in to follow this  
Manakawari

Modern. Computerized postbed machine trouble

Hi guys,

I recently imported a Jack brand single needle modern computerized, direct drive  postbed machine with auto trimmer from china.(model S5) I will try and attach photo if possible. 

Machine arrived working well  and like most chinese machines,  an absolute rubbish manual lol

After a week the auto trimmer stopped working.  I tried adjusting the blade according to instructions but no luck.

Seems like everyone in USA has either an older postbed or one of the simple clutch motor machines as I have not yet found anyone with a machine similar to mine who I can talk to.

I was hoping maybe i could find someone here with a similar machine who hopefully has a better understanding of its operation and maintenance. 

I feel the trimmer issue I'm having is not blade related but possibly a blade timing issue but it's my understanding that the modern machines like mine don't use a cam for blade timing but rather are motor controlled. Anyway I was hoping to find someone here with knowledge about these type of machines who would be willing to help me with new owner questions and problems.  Thanks 

IMG_20220405_221419.jpg

Edited by Manakawari

Have you checked with JACK North America?

If you check with them better do not tell you have imported it from China better say you bought it from a closed business and you need support. ;)

I did try to contact them. They dont carry the S5.

@Manakawari - Sorry I cannot be of any help to you with the machine but wanted to say I like your choice of gin.  Makes me want to go home and have a Martini.  :)  It must be 5pm somewhere.

Yes gin is my drink. Everytime I do a favor for someone I get a bottle lol. I now have quite the collection. 

If no one can help here I think I'm out of luck. I had a feeling I should have bought a manual machine like an artisan.

I was honestly torn. On one hand my logic said the least amount of things that can break and easier the operation the better so I was strongly leaning towards an artisan but I felt the price was too high for what you actually get. I paid less importing  my machine than I would have for an artisan and I felt I would have been crazy to pay more for less.  I dont regret my purchase because the machine runs perfectly,  I just wish I could use all the features my machine is supposed to have