Zev

oval eyelet conundrum

Hi all,

I tried to do this yesterday but the post was never published. Hope it makes it this time.

In any case, I am looking for oval 18-19mm eyelet for a leather racket case. A carrying handle goes through this eyelet.

Now, as far as I am aware there two types of eyelets. One with screws and one that is stamped using a special tool. I have tried unsuccessfully to find one with screws but failed so I have used the stamped one. It looks great on the outside, but inside it looks rough/ugly with sharp edges. Also, the depth is only 4-5mm and I have to cut out reinforcement to make it buckle properly, which creates a dip on the surface. Is there an 18mm screw eye let that has narrow sides similar to the pic? Maybe there are deeper (7-8mm) stamped ones? I would appreciate any sort of ideas or recommendations that could work in the case. 

Thanks a bunch in advance!

IMG_9219.jpg

IMG_9220.jpg

Not sure if this would work for you or not, but I've bought a fair bit of bag hardware from Emmalinebags and it's very good quality.  They have only one size of screw together oblong grommets so you should take a look.

You might also consider adding your location to your profile so that folks may be able to suggest suppliers closer to you.

Good luck!

yes, I have seen these. They are 25mm and also very thick rimmed :(. Thanks anyway!

Edited by Zev

1 hour ago, fredk said:

yes, this is the 18mm I used. It is stamped with a tool and is not deep enough and created a big dip on the surface. Its only about 5 mm deep. I need 7-8mm. Also,  it looks rough inside unfortunately. Thank you anyway for the suggestion.