pekingtailor

The problem about Seiko lsc 8bv leather sewing machine’s stitch length

Hi everyone,
my leather sewing machine is Seiko lsc 8bv, and now there are some problems that i can't solve.

Firstly, the official instructions show that max stitch length… 1/4″ (6.2 mm).

But, when i set the stitch length to 6mm(the max),  when actually sewing, the actual stitch length is only 5mm. 

How can I repair it to make the actual stitch length consistent with the setting stitch length? Where do i need repairs? Where is the part that needs repairing on the machine?Could you please take a picture so I can see where the problem is?
Thanks in advance,

Yelong Ma

微信图片_20220729152756.jpg

微信图片_20220729152759.jpg

微信图片_20220729152753.jpg

You have a fairly old Seiko LSC 8BV - the current model is  LSC 8BV-2.

I don´t know but maybe the older machine had 5mm and the later or current model with the 1 and 2 a suffix have 6mm.

Does the feed dog use the full lenght of the needle plate cut out or is there some space left?

Edited by Constabulary

As machines wear they stitch length will get shorter,you can check to see if there is any play front to back by pushing on the needlebar with the foot up.You can take the chrome piece off that's held on by 2 screws (that the stitch length stops against) and file the top & bottom of the slot to give it more travel which will make the stitch longer.