Sign in to follow this  
revrat

Machine model help

I posted this I. The wrong section so I wanted to post it here. I apologize to the moderators. 

I know it’s a stretch but can anyone identify this machine from this pic?  All the ad says is that it’s a Pfaff.  I’m trying to figure out if it has a walking foot and reverse before I spend 2 hours in the truck to go get it tomorrow. I know the easy answer is to ask the seller for the model but they don’t have it right now, it’s at their shop. If it does I’m going to get it to replace my 111w101.

Thanks

06546FF1-6EDB-498F-8226-9157FDB710ED.jpeg

It's a straight stitch bottom feed machine with a horizontal hook. It may be based on the venerable Singer 31-15 tailoring machine. Get some tailors' chalk, pins, hem guides, pinking shears and with this machine you can go into the alterations business. Add a roller foot and it may sew light density and thin leather.

Looks like a drop feed Pfaff 34 or 134. The 34 has an oscillating hook, 134 has a rotary hook. Machine has reverse. No walking foot.

Dang.  Ok, thanks guys.  Disappointing but that's the info I was looking for.  Do you think it would be capable of multiply layers of vinyl?  They did say it has a walking foot.  I appreciate the help!

Edited by revrat
added info

1 hour ago, revrat said:

They did say it has a walking foot. 

The machine in the photo you posted does not have a walking foot! It is a standard cloth sewing machine with a one piece presser foot on the presser bar. Then there is the needle bar. A walking foot has three bars coming down. There would be an inside foot that the needle passes through and an outside foot that holds down the material. These feet alternate up and down with the needle and feed dog action. Perhaps the seller doesn't know what a walking foot is, or sent you a photo of the wrong machine.

Thanks Wiz.  I'm familiar with a walking foot because of my 111W101, I just couldn't tell in the photo.  I'll pass on the machine and keep looking.  I wish there was a way I could lower the stitch per inch count under 8 and add reverse to my machine, but since I can't I'm going to have to find something else before I start on the seats for my daughter's car.

9 hours ago, revrat said:

I wish there was a way I could lower the stitch per inch count under 8 and add reverse to my machine

Keep a lookout for a Singer 211G156. as it is a new version of the 111w155, but with a push down reverse lever. I have one and it is easy to change the stitch length from almost no movement up to 4.5 to the inch. Also, there was a Singer 111w156 made with reverse, but they are as rare as hen's teeth.

if vintage triple feed machines with reverse are what you are looking for the Juki 562 or 563 or Consew 226 may be of interest as well - just to mention a few... Other are Adler 67 or 167 and Pfaff 145 and 545 and Dürkopp 239.

Edited by Constabulary