Charles Klasman

A little direction if you can ;-)

Good morning folks, hope everyone here is doing well. 

I'm not a frequent poster here but I do stop in to learn from time to time. I do mostly waxed canvas work with leather straps. I've been selling most of my work on ETSY for about 8 years. Bags between 12 and 14 inches of different types, many custom requests. 

Someone reached out to me about making an EDC Pouch, about 6 by 5 inches, custom features. I'm not confident my old Singer 111 is right for the job. I'm thinking a saddle stitch machine might be better suited for something like that. What's your thoughts? 

Lastly, if there is someone who does that sort of work and is interested, please let me know and I'll help the gentleman who reached out to me to get in touch with someone who does that sort of work. 

Thanks for your time :-) :)

EDC Pouch.jpg

3 hours ago, Charles Klasman said:

I'm thinking a saddle stitch machine might be better suited for something like that. What's your thoughts? 

There is no such machine that does saddle stitch.  It's by hand only.  Almost all sewing machines use the so called lock stitch method.  Specialized machines such as a serger use other methods.

Thank you for the clarification. "Cylinder Arm" type......

Edited by Charles Klasman