MTobergte

How to lighten a leather that has been dyed?

If it is alcohol based dye, and you hav not sealed it, a rag dampened with alcohol will take some dye off. Hard to do evenly. 

You could also soak it in water and it'll pull some of the dye out too but it is hard to control and not an exact process. Should just be able to let it dry afterward and be ready to get back on what you were doing with it.

If it goes too light using that approach, I'd let it go since it should darken with use. This is always a tough call.

10 hours ago, 327fed said:

If it is alcohol based dye, and you hav not sealed it, a rag dampened with alcohol will take some dye off. Hard to do evenly. 

I used the Fiebing pro dye! Not have been sealed. 

I have used a rag with paint thinner in it and rub briskly, continuously, moving the rag around, so the die doesn’t load it up

Alcohol will lighten/remove Feibings Pro dye. I use it for cleanup. I have lightly rubbed leather with a paper towel and alcohol to get dye and edgekote off. Will take dye off, sometimes a lot, depending on how you put it on. Was dye Sprayd, , dip dyed, dauber?