HENDREFORGAN

"FROBANA" BENT NEEDLE SIDE SOLE STITCHER INSTRUCTIONS

These are most particular sewing machines and today there cannot be many left, the example I had - sold in 2020 - was a rare example mounted on it's own pedestal base!

Part of the ownership of that machine was a very old, rust and oil stained GENUINE "Owners User Manual".  Before I sold it with the machine I scanned the fragile pages to create a set of  ".TIFF" files . . . and then in a major PC clean out I lost the folder I have placed these in . . DooH!  I've been asked a few times for a copy of the manual but wasn't able to supply that as I still couldn't find the damn folder!

Then just over a month ago whilst searching for something else I just happened to find it . . . I immediately moved it to a visible place and added a copy to my back-up files.  Fortunately image editing is something I do as my employment so I've been able to clean up the pages . . . not that the format of the original was up to today's Instruction Manuals!

FROBANA Bent Needle Stitcher.pdf

Edited by Northmount
Replaced photos with PDF file provided by HENDREFORGAN

6 hours ago, HENDREFORGAN said:

Surely a Moderator can see that what I have is an important document and permit storage somewhere on this web-site where they can be downloaded and read easily?

Send it to me and I will post it here.  Sending a PM.

Thanks to Northmount I will be able to re-edit my files and export these as "PDF"'s with better clarity, these will then be preserved here for all to use in the future.  A win-win solution!

Are not pages 13 and 14 missing?  

glenn

On 1/3/2023 at 10:18 AM, shoepatcher said:

See updated manual PDF posted at the beginning of this thread this morning.

On 1/3/2023 at 5:18 PM, shoepatcher said:

glenn

Hello Glenn,

Northmount is correct.  When I scanned these as TIFF's quickly before packing up the machine when sold it I got my original numbering wrong?  Part of the confusion was that there was, if my memory serves me right, a blank page after "Page 12" and the next page had a corner torn off . . resulting in the appearance that there are TWO of "Page 12".  I will have diligently scanned each page but the manual was in an appalling condition with ALL pages loose - the staples had rusted away a long time ago - and it had been collated by use of a stationery punch and then held together with Sellotape.  :no:  I always reckoned the heavy use this manual got was an indication that every time you went to use the Frobana you had to set it all up again!  :deadsubject:

Over the next couple of weeks I'm going to put up a posting in the "History" section about this machine and include with that some of the pix I took of it . . . Northmount will then move the download URL for the PDF manual across . . . and I'll tell how I was actually back in the late 1980's given the Frobana for free.  :thankyou:

Great job Hendreforgan!!   Look forward to you  future texts.

glenn