I know there has been a little discussion on this, but not much.. Lexol has undergone ownership and ingredient changes for many years. It now in the past couple few years, is completely unusable, smells like an overpowering car air freshener, leaves sticky/ oily residue, they don’t care..do weird when old historically successful companies destroy the good product they are known for. Anyway, I’ve seen a couple of msds sheets, I know it’s mostly neatsfoot oil, I tried mixing some with water, not the same. U.S. their another product that is similar? Not a thick crème or anything better but different, but like old Lexol?

17 minutes ago, Sham said:

I know there has been a little discussion on this, but not much.. Lexol has undergone ownership and ingredient changes for many years. It now in the past couple few years, is completely unusable, smells like an overpowering car air freshener, leaves sticky/ oily residue, they don’t care..do weird when old historically successful companies destroy the good product they are known for. Anyway, I’ve seen a couple of msds sheets, I know it’s mostly neatsfoot oil, I tried mixing some with water, not the same. U.S. their another product that is similar? Not a thick crème or anything better but different, but like old Lexol?

If you look at the MSDS, section 3 gives you a clue as to what the ingredients are. Lexol is 80% water 5-10% NFO and the remaining ingredients are emulsifiers and preservatives/fragrance.

Since oil and water dont mix, you need an emulsifier to hold the two together. In this case it is an oil suspended in water. You can buy an emulsifier to do this for you off of Amazon, etc. A quick Duck search will tell you which ones you can use. They come in wax flakes, which will give you a whitish creamy paste or you can get it in a liquid form for an all liquid product. Polysorbate 20 (wax or liquid) is a good emulsifier to start your DIY project with to make whichever form you want it in. If you don't want to go down the DIY path, you can buy a similar liquid ( or cream) version of lexol from a company called Griffin leather conditioner. It's primarily a NFO product and will accomplish the same end. The MSDS for their products can be seen here:   https://gbcontents.com/

@ScottWolf

Excellent! Thank you so much, exactly what I was hoping for