lol999

Glueing linings and edge kote (seperate questions!)

So I'm looking to line some of my work with either chamois or felt and need a glue to hold them in place permenantly. The linings will generally be stitched as well.
I have contact cement but coverage wise for larger projects it's going to be an expensive do and the smell is also pretty grim, although if it has to be solvent based then so be it.
I'm UK based.

Regarding edge kote, I have been using black dye for my edges but wonder what is the difference between edge kote and plain dye?

many thanks.

Edge Kote is just that, a costing. It will sit on top of the edge.

My experience with it is that it will eventually flake off.

Dye penetrates the leather and if properly finished, vis pretty permanent.

Can't help with question about lining as I've never used felt. Chamois would be similar to suede, I suspect. I think the contact cement would be fine for it. 

@lol999 go to poundland. for about one squid, maybe a bit more now you can get spray cans of contact adhesive. Cheap and plenty of coverage.

a wee tip; with any spray can, stand it in a container of hot, but not boiling, water for 3 to 5 minutes before use and during use if its a long spraying session

I highly recommend you stick with just dyeing your edges. Like @cord1974 said, the edge kote will flake off. For me it flaked off within weeks on several projects, and I haven't touched the stuff since. Dying is definitely the better option

~Frau~