fibersport

new member with Pfaff 145

Just joined the group and just getting into marine and auto upholstery work, eventually may do leather interiors as well.  I also just picked up a Pfaff 145-H4 that needs some TLC and some parts as well.  I noticed on my Pfaff google searches, many of the searches pointed to this group.  I'm trying to get this machine working smoothly and could use some help with the timing.  I have the adjustment manual for the Pfaff 1245 which seems similar but would like to find a similar adjustment manual for the 145, does one even exist or can I just use the one for the 1245?

Along the same lines, is there a good place to find spare parts?  Mine is missing the parts for the knee lift mechanism, I have the parts on the table but am missing the bar across the back along with the rod and the mechanism on the underside.  Trying to see if the previous owner might have them but if not, I would like an alternate source.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to learning and sharing my journey.

Any members who have a 145-H4?  Would appreciate some pictures of the lifting mechanism and maybe a name or two of a decent sewing machine repair shop.

It's a good machine BUT Pfaff quit stocking alot of parts for it,you'll have to hunt ebay for that back bar or hope to find even a parts machine.There is a good shop in Indy that can work on it.Call Ed @ Indianapolis Sewing Machine.

Thanks for the suggestion -