JohnnyBuildsBags

Juki DSC245 conversion

Hi, I managed to find a thread which kind of answered the reverse of my question, but I could really use a wise and knowledgeable direct answer! Hoping you guys can come up with the help I just can’t seem to find clearly on the whole internet!!!

I recently bought an almost new JUKI DSC245. It was specifically to be used as my binder machine. I’ve wanted one for years…but I now realise the synchronised binder version is quite different in set up, and my first enquiries are quoting £800 GBP for parts and then labour on top. 
I see the right looking bed cover parts on eBay for a fraction of that, but also have read about switching from elliptical to horizontal feed and I’m now very lost. 

what can I do to get this machine up and running as a a/ synchronised binder or b/ an interim binder set up solution?! 

please help! Today was a bit of a kick in the teeth after pulling the money together for the machine and now realising I made a massive faux pas. 

thanks in advance. Good advice about machines is so hard to come by. 

thanks

john

15 hours ago, JohnnyBuildsBags said:

my first enquiries are quoting £800 GBP for parts and then labour on top. 

I maybe mistaken but the Tysew ( www.tysew.com) Wimsew W246 is a clone of the Juki DSC-246. I would make contact with them and see what the conversion cost would be.

kgg

18 minutes ago, kgg said:

I maybe mistaken but the Tysew ( www.tysew.com) Wimsew W246 is a clone of the Juki DSC-246. I would make contact with them and see what the conversion cost would be.

kgg

Thanks kgg, I don't think my DSC245 is the one thats been cloned (that I can see). I am finding it extra hard to research as there seem to be two distinct variants of the 245. Mine looks as in the linked picture, and has the bobbin winder on the front. Same style of casting as the 1541 etc. 

I have a manual for the DSC245 and it explains the conversion, but when I dig a bit deeper, I realise this manual is referring to the other version of the 245. 

I am currently out of my depth! Once i know what I actually have, and what I need, I'll be quite happy installing and setting it up...my my gosh, industrial sewing machines are a minefield of variants! 

Thanks for the suggestion though...appreciated and was worth a look!

24c0bae0-d876-11ea-9e9e-02000025f0dd

Ok  you will probably need to change out the feed cam on the bottom from 4 motion drop feed to skiff feed,  new throat plate, feed dog.  It uses singer feet so you can get those on line.  The binder will not be cheap if you have to have it made special.  WE use Atlanta Attachment, Tennessee Attachment and WS Bessett here in the States.  UK?   Are there any binder companies in the UK or Europe?