keplerts

Juki LU-1508 bobbin trouble

HELP!!!  My bobbin stopped spinning and therefore the top tread isn’t picking up the bobbin thread to make a stitch.

Any help would be appreciated !  How can I post a video to show what it is doing?

Thanks,

Tom

9 minutes ago, keplerts said:

My bobbin stopped spinning and therefore the top tread isn’t picking up the bobbin thread to make a stitch.

A couple of things come to mind since your bobbin isn't rotating.

Simple: 1) Safety clutch tripped due to overload on bobbin shaft. 2) bobbin case has slipped out of place. Did you reset the safety clutch on the sewing machine bed?

Time consuming and expensive: 2) Drive / timing belt worn-out or broken. Tilt the machine head backwards and have a look underneath at the condition of the machines drive / timing belt.

kgg

Thanks for the reply.  They were very helpful.  The safety clutch was tripped and I fixed that.  But then the top tread wasn’t picking up the bottom thread.  After carefully looking (and feel very stupid) I didn’t have the top tread running thru the eye of the needle.  Once I fixed that everything seems to be running fine!  I’m glad it was user error.  Thanks again for your help.

Tom