Sign in to follow this  
johnny7

seat

Great work Johnny. Tooling, fitment, everything looks perfect. That's gonna look really nice on someone's scoot.

Steve

John,

That is a great looking seat, I would caution you about using well known trademarks. Some companies are fine with it and others protect their marks very closely. If you made the seat for yourself, no problem, but if you made it to sell, be careful.

Again,

Great job.

Dave

John,

That is a great looking seat, I would caution you about using well known trademarks. Some companies are fine with it and others protect their marks very closely. If you made the seat for yourself, no problem, but if you made it to sell, be careful.

Actually you can lose in a lot of ways by using any trademarks, well known or not. I've seen a number of posts here where folks have clearly crossed the line. A foolish risk in my opinion. I know of one instance where a guy made a purse, put a trademarked logo on it, and sold it to the lady for ~$65. Ended up costing him nearly $3500 by the time the company had kicked him out of the door of the courtroom.

Edited by K-Man

Thanks for the kind words and advice guys. Guess I will just keep this one for myself. Agian thanks for the kind words.

Johnny

Do you live near Lynchburg or just like JD?

I don't drink much, but JD is not a bad drink if I am going to have one. Just thought the design would be cool in leather.

I live in NC

Edited by johnny7

It DOES look great! I live in Manchester, about 30 miles from Lynchburg; I was just hoping to find another leather crafter nearby.

Keep up the great work!

-- Mike

Actually you can lose in a lot of ways by using any trademarks, well known or not. I've seen a number of posts here where folks have clearly crossed the line. A foolish risk in my opinion. I know of one instance where a guy made a purse, put a trademarked logo on it, and sold it to the lady for ~$65. Ended up costing him nearly $3500 by the time the company had kicked him out of the door of the courtroom.

That was foolish alright, considering all he would have had to do was give the $65 back to the lady, and promise to "cease and desist" or whatever....and of course, give the purse to that company's CEO so he can re-gift it to his wife. :head_hurts_kr:

Johnny, nice looking seat. I guess we could always hope that Jack Daniels will commission Orange County Choppers to make a "theme" bike and you could get the bid for the seat. Or maybe you could just send it to Lynchburg and they could put it up on their "I love me wall."

Regardless, that is a fine job.