jeffberk

Dashboards

I'm working on a '74 Datsun 260z and I decided to install some leather over the winter while the car was in hibernation. I purchased the leather pre-cut and sewn for my car from a company in the UK (I'm in Ohio). I was able to get the door cards, center counsel and arm rest completed without too much trouble. The dashboard was a disaster. First I discovered they sent the dash for the wrong year car and some of the dashboard details were wrong (holes in the wrong place). I shipped the leather back to the UK and they sent me another one. This one is close but the vent holes were cut 1 1/2 inches too high and the recess cone for the vents were not cut correctly. I pealed the leather back off and  I'm trying to trace the shape of two dashboard panels to recut them and sew them on in place of what they sent.

Where can I post my progress and get suggestions on what to do?

Jeff

Link to video of my dilemma: 

https://streamable.com/ts3evp

I would say you can post in Leaatherwork Conversation here and you can post photo's there also. Just resize your photo's so they will up load to this forum

Try to refrain from posting links. People don't like clic ing on links and also they tend to disappear:yes:

One other thing if you have to do video , up load it to you tube , like I said people don't trust links but we seem to do ok with  links Youtube

Edited by Bert03241

I copied the video to youtube (never posted on there before). Thank you for the quick response and suggestions.

Edited by jeffberk