Hi everyone

I am sheerwin from Iran.

Recently, a friend gave me a VILHELEM PEDERSEN leather splitter machine. It’s very old and needs restoration

I searched the internet, but I couldn’t find anything useful.

So, can anyone help me about this?

What type of motor should I use? Or what kind of oil should be used.

tnks every one.

photo 01

photo 02

photo 03

20230321_143339.jpg

Theres someone on here that may be able to help with some info:

https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/105697-wilhelm-pedersen-8-splitter/?tab=comments#comment-703716

HS

I recently went to Denmark and bought two Wilh Pedersen 8" splitting machines. These are very presise splitting machines that split down to 0.5 mm. thickness. I haven't restored these myself but I've restored plenty of other machines. Wilh Pedersen Maskinfabrik Høng Denmark started up in 1910. In 1912 he started producing shoe machinery that was sold in the Scandinavian countries. Later also clicking machines, milling machines and lathes that was sold world wide. Now his closed down years ago, I don't know the date. Anyway, I know he produced at least 3 different spitting machines in addition to shoe 3 in 1 and 5 in 1 machines. In addition to the type you have, the one I have he also produced a smaller 6" shoe sole crank splitter. The one you have might have been made in different widths. How many inches are your blade? I can't see the motor side of your splitter but there should be a gear motor attached to one side of your machine. Depended of condition you should clean it up, use a wire brush and some evaporust on parts you dismantle. Get the blade sharpener up and polished. But make sure you get it back in right position. If it turns I suggest you leave the inside parts as is, it can be  challenging to get it all back in place and adjust it right. What's wrong with it's motor? Please post a pic of the motor side.

Thanks

Tor

IMG_20230501_184140.jpg

IMG_20230430_153058.jpg

IMG_20230501_184418.jpg