PlanoMike

Seam Binding Foot for Class 26 ??

Does anyone know of a seam binding foot for a class 26 sewing machine? I've done a pretty good search of the regular places with no luck.

Thank you, Mike 

40 minutes ago, PlanoMike said:

Does anyone know of a seam binding foot

Are you thinking a lap seam folder or do you mean a edge binder?

kgg

yes, I said that all wrong. there are a couple project I have in mind right now that id like to use edge binding. 

7 hours ago, PlanoMike said:

there are a couple project I have in mind right now that id like to use edge binding. 

The question really comes down to how much you want to spend and how tight are the corners you want to sew around with the binding tape. The 90 degree or right angle binders will allow you to do tighter corners then the inline binders.

1) Expensive way: The 90 degree binders are readily available but the proper way to get the most out of them will probably involve changing the presser feet, needle plate and feed dog. That will probably cost $150 US and each binder tape size will cost about $60 US. 

2) Cheap way: Use the readily available inline binders, single and double fold, off places like Aliexpress / Amazon etc for less then $20 each that are normally used for flatbeds.

If I'm not mistaken the the Cobra Class 26 is the same as the Cowboy CB341, Kobe LS-1341 and the Techsew 2750 and are all clones of the older Juki LS-341.

I only use the standard bed mounted inline binder attachments on my machines whether they are on my portable walking foot, flatbed or cylinder bed.

The main reasons for me using this style of binder attachments are:

i) they more cost effective cheaper ($20 vs $200).

ii) gives me more flexibility of tightening / closing the exiting gap of the binder for the thickness of the binding tape

iii) the ability of using the same binder attachments on all my machines.

iv) no changes to the feed dog, presser feet and needle plate.

To accept the inline binder attachments for my Kobe LS-1341 I made up a simple adapter plate. If you have a table top attachment it should only require drilling two holes in it to accept the inline binder attachments.

kgg

n2_15.jpg

1341 tape.JPG